October 27, 2009

Kung Fu karate Trip


For the last three days I have been on a karate trip in Phoenix, AZ. Fun stuff. on Wednesday last week we started our drive to Phoenix. It was a six hour drive to St. George where we stayed at Rob and Pam's house. The house was awesome, we stayed the night there and had a BBQ. played some pool, hung out, socialized with the other boys and girls on the trip. It was nice to just get to relax for the day. The next morning we packed up and left for another six or seven hour drive to Phoenix. On the way we passed through Las Vegas and went over the Hoover Dam. They are building a new bridge across the canyon so people aren't driving across the dam and it was about half way finished. That was an amazing sight to see. We also stopped outside of Phoenix and got to hike around which was pretty cool. We found a lot of quartz crystals just lying around.
On Friday we hiked up Squaw Peak. That's the biggest peak in the area I think, but that was a sweet hike and a few of us wore ourselves out trying to run up the last steepest leg of the trail. After that we went to One's house for another BBQ.
Saturday was the tournament. I did alright personally, didn't place or anything but most of the other students all took home a sweet medal for their division. We were there most of the day and we watched the black belt divisions compete, which was awesome to watch. Those guys were crazy good. After the tournament we just kicked back the rest of the day and went swimming at the hotel.
The whole trip overall was awesome. I think it was the best Cedar Ridge trip I have been on so far and I have been on quite a few. The part that I think I liked the best was just time out in the "Real World" I guess you could say and getting to know some of the girls that I see on a daily basis here but never really get to talk to to find out who they really are.
i'm really anticipating the next karate trip and planning to do better in the next competition but I'm really glad I got to go on this one.
-

No comments: