October 24, 2009

The Western Karate Championships

Hey Everybody,
Today we went and did the tournament. We all did well. The girls were all against each other except for one other girl who was from Phoenix, she only did Kata. Then in Kumite all five of the girls sparred against one another. I know that for myself I was so nervous for the Kata and ended up not doing as well as I'd hope for. In sparring though I did well I got third place. Which meant that I got a medal!!! YAY! Then after we got to watch the adult black belt finals. The Katas that they did were beautiful. There aren't many words I use to describe what I saw today. After we got to eat some grub at the World Buffet. Man I definitely ate too much. Swimming for the last time was awesome but hard. Knowing the fact that this is my last night in Phoenix is definitely a hard concept for me to grasp. The relationships that I made with each one of the people whom I went with is something that I don't want to lose. This trip was a once in the lifetime opportunity with Cedar Ridge. I hope that people who get this opportunity next year will take this in a positive direction and follow on the tradition of Cedar Ridge Shotokan.
-Blick

No comments: